Thursday, 6 June 2013

Yes, it's me again ... the sporadic blogger!

Maybe that's what I should call my blog from now on - Jenny Wren the Sporadic Blogger!

So far this year I've entered 6 races:

High Legh 10k - 50:54
Trafford 10k - 50:27
Mobberley Round the Runway - 5.3 miles - 41:55
Chester Half Marathon - 1:48:07
Hollins Green 5k - 22:33
Bowdon 5k - 23:14
Lymm Festival 10k Trail Race - June
English Half Marathon - September

I've also done several parkruns at Wythenshawe and also volunteered. I was also chosen to be Parkrunner of the Month in November which entitled me to a free pair of trainers - I chose the Mizuno Wave Rider 15 shoes and I wear them to all my races.  At the beginning of this year I earned my 50 parkrun t-shirt and am now trying to notch up another 50 so I can get my 100 t-shirt.

Running club is going great. Track sessions on a Tuesday (which I hated last year but am loving this year), and a general club run of about 6 miles on a Thursday. I've also started joining the 8am Sunday morning runs (which believe me is an achievement in itself) which ranges from 10-13 miles along different routes but usually include lanes, canal, river, fields and trail. I usually follow this by a long walk in the afternoon to stretch the legs out and thankfully, so far, I've not suffered the worst for it on a Monday.

Oh and talking about running club, at our recent annual meeting I was awarded with the coveted trophy for 'Most Improved Athlete of 2013' and it stands pride of place on my bookcase.




I've also had a couple of mentions in Lymm Life Magazine which is a local magazine and a Warrington newspaper for my recent PB at Chester Half Marathon.  Also mentioned in the articles were fellow club runners Anthony Burke and John Croall for the same achievements.

So, in case it takes me another six months to blog - all in all it's been a pretty good six months for running and I hope to keep on improving and enjoying it for the rest 2013!

3 comments:

  1. Great trophy - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last, another blog post, yay! You really are an amazing little wren and going from strength to strength this year, well done on your acheivements so far, I'm sure there'll be more to come :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nice trophy!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete