Tuesday, 20 November 2012

A few days off work

Last week went by in a whirlwind ...

Monday

An early morning birthday run 6.54 mi 00:58 08:56 pace
A nice leisurely 6 mile trot to kickstart my birthday and also test drive my new trainers. Unfortunately my timing was a bit off and I hit the school run and rush hour traffic. Never mind, once off the main road it was a nice leafy undulating run and I nearly managed to get round before the rain started!
 

Tuesday

Delamere Forest trail run 7.03 mi 01:07 09:33 pace
This was my first "proper" trail run so I decided to take it easy and break in my knees and new shoes gently. It was a lovely morning and the run was great with lots of autumn colours and the lake was as still as glass. I knew trail running would be a lot more fun than road running but it's also a lot harder to do! My new shoes now look well and truly broken in and I'm looking forward to the next trail run.

Blakemere


Blakemere


On top of the Old Pale

View from the Old Pale

Yeld Lane
 

 Friday

Early morning run 2.59 mi 00:23 08:57 pace
Snuck in an early one before work this morning. Passed the odd person walking a dog, and the vans making their early morning deliveries to the local shops but other than that I had the pavements to myself. Perfect start to the day!
 

Saturday

Wythenshawe parkrun 3.08 mi 00:25 08:09 pace
Yeah! I got parkrunner of the month, more for my volunteering than my running abilities I think!!! Had a great run, it was very muddy, slippy and wet underfoot but it's the quickest I've got round in ages. I was 2nd female to finish and 1st in my age category - whoop! :-)
 

Sunday

Early frosty run 5.12 mi 00:46 08:56 pace
A lovely frosty morning. Just what the legs ordered for a nice leisurely Sunday run before breakfast. Clear blue sky, the odd runner dotted about and a short sprint along the local bridlepath before heading home to mushroom and tomato omelette packed inside freshly baked wholemeal bread. Yum!

 

2 comments:

  1. That's a solid week of running. Hope you enjoyed your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it can be a struggle to get out and run early but you've done really well this last week, well done Jenny! Lovely photos too, I do envy you having such nice trails to run on :o)

    ReplyDelete